Here’s the deal, that’s not okay.
I’m sure your funders are increasingly asking you for data rich reports. Your marketing director is probably asking your program team for statistics and measurable data. Or, he is she is looking into ways to get your brand out there to reach a new group of supporters. Your fundraisers are likely looking for an investment from you into a CRM system. A solid CRM (not Excel) will help them more accurately slice and dice the database. They are probably also asking for data so they get more background on people.
It’s all about the data. It’s about technology.
Here are some tools you should look into and use depending on your needs:
- org: This company helps your social sector organization increase your exposure on social media. Your best supporters and volunteers can help your cause by adding their voice and amplifying your work.
- SalesForce: SalesForce is the leading CRM tool in the business world around the globe. What’s more the SalesForce Foundation offers 10 free licenses of its CRM system to qualified nonprofits. This is a savings of $15,000 per year.
- Square: This app is used with a mobile phone or tablet. It allows you to process donations wherever you are. Imagine doing an auction at an event and swiping winning bids on the fly. Sell your products at a team fundraising events and process credit cards on the spot, without ever having to be in the office.
- Sparked: Works with businesses and organizations looking for predictive analysis. So, by looking at your donors as customers and by analyzing all of your social media interactions, CRM data, engagements you get to know who is likely to be falling off your radar. We know it takes more money to get a new donor than keep your current ones.
- Unified: This company bought the world’s leading Facebook analytics company called PageLever. It provides provides professional marketers with powerful insights, content, and advertising tools built on the industry’s most advanced data platform.
- SendGrid: For organizations with large databases and complex email marketing needs, this cloud-based platform is great for production and analysis. They also have an excellent reputation for customer service.
One of the most important pieces of data you can ever show as a social sector organization is your program impact. The Foundation Center has an excellent resource where you can view over 150 tools, methods, and best practice resources. You can access it by clicking here.
© 2015 Wayne Elsey and Not Your Father’s Charity. All Rights Reserved.