Welcome to #GivingTuesday 2017!
If you’re someone who cares about social good for your community, or even for others around the world, then this day is for you. Today is the day to do something good for others by donating to charity, volunteering and, of course, sharing your experiences with social good organizations or giving a shout out to your favorite nonprofits.
If you’re a procrastinator, you don’t need to worry. I’ve got you covered, and the following are some charitable organizations, large and small, that you can support. And at the end of this post, you’ll learn about an opportunity to help your favorite cause obtain a gift of $10,000 when you submit your story about giving.
- Operation Paperback: Provides gently used and new books to U.S. service members, families and veterans around the world and in the United States.
- 4 Paws for Ability: This organization helps provide children and their families around the world with service dogs.
- Kiva: This nonprofit provides micro-loans from donors to people living in poverty so they can create their own businesses in 80 countries around the world.
- Team Rubicon: Military veterans partner with first responders to deploy to communities affected by emergency situations.
- Make-A-Wish: This charity grants wishes to children diagnosed with life-threatening illnesses.
- Feeding America: Unfortunately, 41 million people in the United States do not have enough to eat. This organization has 200 foodbanks across the country.
- Alzheimer’s Association: This organization is seeking to eradicate Alzheimer’s with research funding, and it also supports families dealing with the disease.
- No Kill Animal Shelters: Millions of animals are in need of a home. If you’re looking to help an animal, here is a list of no-kill animal shelters. The largest no-kill shelter in the world is the North Shore Animal League America headquartered in New York.
- National Breast Cancer Coalition Fund: This group is not only hoping, but they are also committing to eradicating breast cancer by January 1, 2020.
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids: This nonprofit works with families that are experiencing and struggling with substance abuse.
Today is a great day to get involved in your community. It can start for you right now and today. There’s no better time to get involved in helping your community and people in need of your assistance than joining the social good movement on #GivingTuesday.
If you need more inspiration and motivation to support a favorite cause, you have a chance to help your favorite nonprofit with a $10,000 donation by submitting your #MyGivingStory to the #GivingTuesday site.
Share your story with the world about giving back and why. You also have the opportunity to talk about a moment that changed your views about giving, or write about the most generous person that you know and why that’s the case.
And, don’t forget when you’re sharing your story for that $10,000 gift on the #GivingTuesday site to also share your posts on social media and use the hashtags #MyGivingStory, #GivingTuesday, and #unselfie.
Author of “Not Your Father’s Charity: How to Dominate Your Fundraising to Create Your Success” (Free Digital Download)
© 2017 Wayne Elsey and Not Your Father’s Charity. All Rights Reserved.